Saturday 5 May 2012

Reason #267 of why I love Chiropractic

The last few days this story has been nagging at me and begging to be told so I was compelled to sit down this morning and write it. As most stories that involve babies do it does contain a little bit of poop talk but not much I promise!

So Eddie's poo's had changed colour and consistency and this had been going on for a few weeks, I thought it was just teething but clearly after some time realised it was not. Then he started to get more and more agitated and stopped sleeping longer than 3 hours at a time during the evening and no longer than 40 minutes during the day. After 6 nights of this I was at my wits end so took him in to see Chris's colleague as Chris was booked out and sometimes you need somebody who is not part of the picture. 

Cary quizzed me about what had changed in the last few weeks in terms of diet the two things I figured out were the organic yoghurt squeezies that he had been loving and some wheat products. Cary looked him over and found a neurological pattern (my husbands practice utilises a technique that works with peoples neurology rather than symptoms alone, called Neuro Impulse Protocol) that indicated, yes he was being aggravated by sugar and gluten. He did some adjustments and sent me on my way also mentioning that 2 grams of sugar is the maximum a child should have in a day. 

I got home and looked at the packet of yoghurt and realised in horror that it contained 8 grams of sugar. Wow talk about mother guilt!!! Anyway that night instead of waking up every 3 hours he only woke once. Then the following day he had a 2 and a half hour long nap in the morning and an hour and a half long nap in the afternoon. 2 and a half hours!!! He has never, ever, ever slept that long during the day! Even when he was brand new he only slept 2 hours at a time. I finally got sleep again and changed from being a crazy lady in to a not so crazy lady. He has now gone back to his usual 1 wake up per night. This is not the first time chiro has saved my sanity either. I am eternally grateful to my husband and his colleagues who have soothed my upset baby and brought things back to normal over and over again. I will always tell others how amazing chiro is. 

Thank you to all the healers out there changing peoples lives for the better every day.

L xox    

2 comments:

  1. there wasn't much poop in that post :-) Yay for finding and sorting out the cause, think I might check my boys sugar levels too he is always bouncing off the walls xx

    ReplyDelete