Monday 14 November 2011

First blog post

I have decided to start a blog! Recently I have found I feel like I have a lot to share with the world along the lines of spirituality, parenting and life in general. I feel respectful of each and everyone's paths so rather than bombard people with all my ideas I figured a blog means that they can read it or not and everyone is happy :-) Also I believe that this blog will provide a space for like minded people to come together and share their ideas and thoughts on what makes this world such a fabulous place to be a part of. So onto my first topic..................

The minds desire to control.

Control ourselves, control others, control our finances, control, control, control. Even writing those words makes me feel tight in the chest. This is because it is not our true hearts desire, it is our ego or our mind trying to take charge of our lives and when our true selves aren't being heard pain, stress and disease often come about.

Think about it for a minute, Control often leads to stress and anxiety. For example someone's wedding day, a day you are trying to plan every minute detail of, for every situation or possible outcome. This induces huge levels of stress for many a bride and/or groom to be. Another example that i have found in my life was trying to control my son by imposing a strict routine. When he wouldn't comply with my ideas of how things should be it was awful and really created more problems than it was worth as I was always stressing out about what he 'should' be doing rather than enjoying what he actually was doing. When we let go of control and listen to our heart we feel an inner peace, calm and the sense that everything is as it should be.

So how to let go of control? As well as regular meditation and healthy soulful living the best idea is to surrender. When you feel that anxiety rising up because something isn't going the way you had planned, surrender to the moment and allow things to just happen. Surrender to yourself. Be ok with things happening spontaneously. We only control our words, our thoughts and our physical actions, never the outcomes or the consequences and we can never control people other than ourselves. We can influence others but we cannot control their words, thoughts or actions. Does that give you a sense of relief?

I will share a guided meditation with you which helps to let go of control and is where i first heard some of the things i have written about. It is from The Chopra Center which I love as it is a wealth of positive energy and amazing resources. Enjoy.

http://www.chopra.com/library/med12

Love and light to you and all those you love.

Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment