Thursday 16 February 2012

Inspiration

The other day I saw something that made me smile and made me realise that we can all enjoy whatever we do in our day to day lives no matter what. It's all just a matter of perspective.

We were grocery shopping and there was a man working there pushing trolleys, he was bursting with happy energy. He was literally bouncing with joy. Now from what I know pushing trolleys is an occupation that is commonly looked down upon, poorly paid and hard work not to mention boring. Not for this man. He was truly grateful and proud of what he was doing. I was blown away. How could this man be so happy doing the work he was doing? There was a busker playing some tunes and the trolley guy was happily singing along to the music (the wrong lyrics) and making everyone laugh, he was talking to the children and whistling as he worked. WOW.

Now I am someone who comes from a priviledged background and I am ashamed to say I have often looked at this occupation as a job for the riff raff  or the pimply teen trying to make a few bucks. This man was anything but. I was watching him thinking I want a piece of that gratitude and love. Was such a gift to catch a glimpse of this man's inner world.

So what can we learn from him? We can learn to see the beauty in everyday mundane tasks, we can see the fun in EVERYTHING that we do, and we can realise that we are priviledged to be living and breathing and purely existing in this world. We can also remember to not take ourselves too seriously. I often take myself too seriously and forget to take a step back and laugh at what is going on in the moment. Being a Mum means that I have so many opportunities to practice what I preach.  I will choose to do so everyday.

Today is a glorious day in Brisbane :-)

Sending you peace, love and joy

L xox

No comments:

Post a Comment