Friday 16 November 2012

Dedicated to my budding yogi's!

So after almost 2 months off writing I am feeling the urge to get back into it so here goes!

This post is dedicated to the wonderful women who have blessed me and humbled me by trusting me enough to open their hearts and minds by joining my class!

We are 6 weeks in with 4 weeks to go (and a special charity add on as an eleventh class but more on that another time!) and I have learnt so much. I have put my girls through their paces, some of the things we have covered are: Meditation using all different techniques, chakra healing, chanting, intuitive readings using tarot and oracle cards, self love exercises, gratitude journalling, restorative yoga and last but not least sharing our challenges and lessons with each other every week. They have opened up to each other and I can only watch in amazement at the love and support that is shown every week.

Reflecting on this list I realise that I have really put them through their paces but they have met all of this with grace and fearlessness. Most of my women are beginners and to go with all that has been presented to them without resistance shows immense bravery and growth. I couldn't be prouder. They just dove in not really knowing what they had gotten themselves in to and trusted me to guide. I feel so blessed and humbled that they chose me to be their teacher.

I have learnt so much. I have learnt that I am quite hard on myself, that I really don't need to deliver a full on life altering class every time and that in fact my attachment to this is actually getting in the way of me being in the flow and channelling the messages I want to pass on. I am a natural teacher, speaking in front of people about things that resonate with me deeply is something I am comfortable with and I feel I can communicate freely and clearly. I thought people would be a bit freaked out by chanting (turns out they love it) and I was ok with singing out loud in front of others. I have learnt that this is just the beginning and I can't wait to continue and teach more and more.

My hope for what my girls will get out of this class continues to be the same. That they will find that peaceful place within, even if it is just a glimpse and that this carries on into their lives creating positive change and growth for them. That it sparks the light within them so they carry on their journey of finding the sacred within. I also hope this for the greater good, so that there may be some more people out there who can add to the collective consciousness that is needed to bring the world to a higher level of love, joy and peace!!!

Love to you little yogi's, you know who you are xox

No comments:

Post a Comment