Tuesday 4 September 2012

Been a while

Gosh I know its been quite some time since I have written and you will soon see why!

So here I go time to update you on my life!

The house:
So after a few months, NO offers (that's right not even one ridiculously low offer), a crazy roller coaster of emotions and some price drops we have taken the house off the market. Trying to sell the house was one of the most taxing things I have ever been through. For any readers out there who have small children and try to keep their house in some kind of a tidy state you will know what I am talking about. However fighting the up hill battle with a toddler to keep the house clean was only part of why this was so challenging. 

It was one crazy learning curve about practicing non attachment. I was actively trying to let go of this house as well as the expectation to sell as being attached to any outcome what so ever just caused me too much pain. The build up to the open home on a Saturday, the cleaning, the mental preparation and then the disappointment was exhausting. I learnt yet again that you can have plans for your life but they often don't turn out the way you envisage, the divine almost always has other ideas for us. I learnt yet again to continuously and actively let go.

I learnt about feeling gratitude for things that I previously thought of as a burden. Suddenly I started to see this house in a different light. I realised that if no one else wanted this place that I actually really did want it and that it is their loss and my gain that I get to stay here. The mortgage which previously felt like a curse I can now see is a blessing. I am extremely lucky that I can even gain access to this kind of money, to be allowed the privilege of having a place I can call mine, a feeling of security that I have never had before. To learn the lesson (albeit hard) that we can make it and pay this thing off and we are worthy of making a profit one day, just not now.

Me:
I continue to practice meditation and yoga and I am very proud of myself for keeping this up through chaotic times. In the past self care was generally the first thing that went out the window in times of stress, but this time I realised that in these times we actually need it the most so instead of letting it go I prioritised it. For this reason I believe I didn't fall into a dark hole like I may of in the past. I processed things much quicker and even though I experienced pain I felt it, acknowledged it, and let it go. Yay me!

I am also teaching a meditation and spirituality course starting on the 8th of October. My aim for this course is to help others find that quiet space within, to uncover the place in all of us that contains pure, unending amounts of joy, love and peace. I cannot wait to show others their own potential and I am honoured to have 3 people signed up already! We are going to learn so much about ourselves and bond as a group. It is such an exciting time for me.

So I have been busy but thriving and it feels damn good to be writing again. Missed you guys!

Love to all
L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment