Wednesday 14 December 2011

What would you tell your younger self?

While reading another blog I gained inspiration for this weeks post and wanted to share ten pieces of advice I would give my 18 year old self:

1. FEEL whatever feelings come to you don't judge them as good or bad just see them as "what is" and what you need to feel in this moment. Pushing them deep down inside will only cause you pain later on.

2. Stop caring what others think you are the master of your destiny and the only person who gets to live your fabulous life.

3. Don't judge others, you have no idea what other stuff is going on in their life and if you are judging others than you will feel judged as well.

4. Take responsibility for all your actions and for your own happiness don't blame others for difficult situations that arise in your life, instead look at yourself and see what needs to change in order to move through it.

5. Live in the moment because that is all we ever truly have.

6. Practice gratitude.

7. You are entitled to all the abundance of the universe as well as happiness. It is your birth right.

8. So what if you don't know what you want to do with your life? Who really does?

9. The universe will always give you the lessons you need to learn and if you ignore the lesson the first time around the universe will just give it to you again until you have learnt it.

10. You are not your mind or your thoughts, your true self is what you feel when your mind is quiet and you feel that inner love, joy and peace that really makes up who you are.

This was a valuable exercise for me as it gave me insight into what I have learnt over the years. It also allowed me to realise that I needed to go through whatever I have so far to become who I am today which in turn made me feel gratitude for all the experiences I have had. Pretty powerful stuff. Hope everyone is feeling the love of the festive season.

Love and light
Lucy x  

No comments:

Post a Comment